T&T Supermarket Inc. was found in 1993 with two stores in BC. Since then, it has expanded rapidly to become Canada’s largest Asian supermarket chain with 27 stores across the country: 12 in Metro Vancouver, 6 in Alberta, and 9 in Ontario (7 in GTA and 1 in Ottawa, 1 in Waterloo).
- Greet customers by providing good customer service with smile, friendly enthusiasm
- Maintain shopping baskets and trolleys cleanliness and ensure they are placed in the proper locations
- Properly put returned merchandises back to sale area; process fresh and frozen goods in a timely manner; prevent and minimize shortage
- Provide customers with proper packing service (light items on top of heavy items, separation of hot and cold, raw and cooked classification)
- Create good customer experience via delivering fast and accurate checkout service, prevent possible fraud (PLU # input, Scan merchandise, transaction discrepancies, identify counterfeit / fake cards), if necessary
- Monitor checkout stations to ensure that they are well-kept and are working appropriately; maintain checkout area cleanliness
- Keep up to date of product locations within the store and all in-store promotions and activities, so to assist other departments and provide correct response to customers
- Record total transactions and accurately calculate total payments received during a time period, if necessary
- Perform carry out service, assist customers to deliver goods from the store to their cars, if necessary
- Assist Receiving department when needed
- Replace, count and replenish consumables and supplies as required by the department
- Provide good customer service at Customer Service Counter, such as answering phone calls etc.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the superior
- Demonstrate job commitment, accountable, reliable
- A good team player, able to collaborate with and assist other colleagues; attention to detail
- Possess a positive, proactive, self-motivated work attitude
- Good attendance record, comply with company’s rules and regulations
Knowledge, Skills and Ability Requirements:
- Flexible to work in shifts, especially for evening hours (from 5pm -12am) and weekends
- Able to stand for a long time and use work related tools in a safe manner
- Able to communicate in English and Chinese (Cantonese &/or Mandarin) an asset
- Knowledge of basic work safety, Canadian currencies and essential mathematics
- Relevant experience in handling cash is preferred
Safety continues to be T&T Supermarket’s top priority. We’ve established health and safety policies and measures to ensure our Stores, Food Processing & Production Centres and Warehouse & Distribution are as safe as possible.
- Staff purchase discount
- Paid annual leave, sick leave, marriage leave and bereavement leave
- Discounted staff meals
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Shift work is required
- Weekdays, weekends, and statutory holidays
T&T Supermarket is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, age, veteran status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.
Interested applicants could: