PedalheadsTM is looking Front Desk Associates. You will have an important role welcoming all our families to our brand-new state of the art swimming pool located at Park Royal Shopping Centre in West Vancouver. Hours will varied, with morning, evening, and weekend positions available. This position would be ideal for a student or someone looking for a more flexible schedule.
As the North American leader in children’s programming, Pedalheads is a $25 million organization headquartered in East Vancouver, with an impact that has taught foundational bike, swim, and sport skills to more than a million children across North America. Founded by award-winning entrepreneur, Claudia Sjoberg, Pedalheads has experienced rapid growth and demand for its world-class children’s camp programming. Operations now span across North America, with locations throughout Canada and the United States with new markets that include Boston, Los Angeles, and Washington DC.
Front Desk Associates will be responsible for providing exceptional service to our families. You will be based out of our Park Royal pool where you will assist with inquiries about our children’s Swim, Bike, and Trail programs. To be successful in this role, you should be an excellent communicator who is able to earn our customer’s trust by being helpful, attentive, and responsive. As someone who will represent Pedalheads on the front line, ultimately you will work with our Park Royal Facility Manager to help establish our reputation and build our customer base.
- Create personable relationships with families, greeting parents/guardians and kids by name
- Answer phone, emails and in-person inquiries
- Process product sales, program registrations, payments, cancellations and class switches
- Work closely with Park Royal Facility Manager, Swim Lesson Supervisors and Instructors to ensure swim lessons are running smoothly
- Prevent, manage, and find solutions to customer problems or complaints
- Assist with facilitating program and class transitions (bike and swim programs)
- Maintain facility cleanliness, safety and security at all times
- Ensure the customer experience is of the highest quality
- Create a fun and welcoming environment at our Park Royal pool
- Assist with other administrative tasks as needed
- Customer service specialist
- Relationship builder – builds and preserves trusting relationships with families and colleagues
- Responsible – takes initiative and takes charge of situations
- Flexibility/Adaptability – adjusts quickly to changing situations
- Personal integrity and initiative; a self-starter willing to “roll up your sleeves”
- Minimum 1 year of customer service experience; call centre, retail, hospitality, or reception/front desk experience an asset
- Experience working with children in a sport, recreation, or summer camp environment an asset
- Superb customer service skills and an upbeat phone/online personality
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, problem-solve, and remain composed under pressure
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook, Word, Excel and Office365
- Varied shift times available; shifts will be available between 7:30am-8:30pm, 7 days a week
Hourly wage: $15.20-17.00 hour
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please apply online.
Pedalheads is committed to creating and upholding a diverse, inclusive and equitable environment that is respectful and welcoming to everyone. We believe that the presence of many voices from a variety of racial, cultural and religious backgrounds, political beliefs, ages, sexual identities and orientation, socio-economic backgrounds and physical and cognitive abilities will make our programs and workplaces richer for all.
We welcome applications from individuals of all identities and backgrounds. If you face any barriers to employment or require financial assistance or other accommodation during the recruitment and/or employment process, please feel free to contact the Pedalheads Human Resources Department in confidence.